Friday, March 21, 2008

My Ghost Likes to Travel p. gabriel

I am Pretty Alice.
Sometimes my friends call me Stan.
That is their name for my alter ego as they see it. Only when I am being evil, deranged and out of control.

The way I see it is maybe I am Stan
and Pretty Alice is the facade.

Who knows really?

I don’t.
I think it is the ghost inside, trying to break free.

The life created or allowed to happen to me/us is confining sometimes. We walk down the narrow laid hall before us. All the while thinking if we stay the course, keep our heads down watching our feet move one in front of the other at the end we will be free.
“Ah, the nature of a net.” Sophocles
But I feel that the known self that some of us keep hidden or for some the unknown self is the ghost inside us. Either way it is compelled to break free, escape out of the cage and travel to its desired experiences. It is the need to shed the thick walled layers of engrained civility and social expectation.

Listen to the ghost.
Follow it to destruction or rebirth.
Regardless it has to be better than living as a rat in a maze
or a fish trapped by the narrow pockets of mesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're neither. Why does everyone have to "be" something rather than just be. You're creating too much pressure. Either that, or your just having a good time with this Pretty Alice gig.

But if PA is really your way of venting something internal, lighten up. Over drama drags one down and trying to stuff your square personality into the round hole called life is useless. Not that you're square, just an analogy.

Be happy with the good times and recognize them for what they are. Suffer through the bad times as they will pass with time.

Accept your friendships, as you obviously have those who accept you as Scary Halloween.

Take the pressure off accomplishing something with your life. Getting through year-after-year is in itself an accomplishment. So what if there is nothing more to life than just living. As long as you enjoy the road you travel, it will be a good time.

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

You might be onto something, then again you might not. Who knows really. I don't. I do know that I get bored and my ghost likes to travel. Oh and travel it does. Say, want some company for the weekend?