Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Closer To Death

Posted by Scary Halloween




the more free we can become.


Now some interpret free
as a license to go crazy.


Scoundrel Ghost has a
Terminal Illness List
Basically, should he have only a few months
to live, he will seek revenge
on those who he deems deserving
of his wrath. You know,
like the Enron guys.


Pretty Alice died and returned renewed, 
a spiritual consciousness vibrating on a quantum reality.




When I say closer to death,


I mean as one gets closer to old age.
As we get past that midway point
of our life expectancy, 
some of us
begin to reflect on how we have lived, 
are living
and ask the question(s):


"is this all there is?"
"how did I get here?"
"will I ever ?"
"how much time remains?"
"why didn't I ?".


Now there are those through
ignorance or self actualization
have no concern,
     that they need to scramble.


I personally have scrambled 
and altered what could have been my dismal fate.


It wasn't easy at first 
and required cognitive effort
of breaking 
habits of thought,
removing ingrained expectations,
changing self imposed  priorities,
and developing balance each day
of emotions, spirituality and physical and mental health..


My goal is on my death bed
or
at my time of conscious transition


that


I will not take inventory of  accumulation of material
but 
that of the spiritual tranquility.


That to thy own self through god


I was true.











No comments: