Jesus fried tacos. I miss the days when I could sit at a bar and not hear someone order a beer that didn't have 3 names like a serial killer.
"I want a John Wayne Gacey and 2 Henry Lee Lucases".
Citrus moon barely. WTF?
I don't want vegetables in my meat or fruit in my beer.
Here I sit old and in the way. Bothered by the changing times.
What's the point in looking back?
Longing for what is gone or to redo a time in ones life?
Case in point, The worst thing that happened in my marriage was cell phones. But I had to have one. Of course I always wanted monogamy without the invasion of my privacy. Didn't foresee that complication.Being a person who liked ultimatums open ended and unconditional I guess it was a natural oversight in RETROSPECT!
So why spend time in hindsight or retrospect when I don't learn from it?
"Damn I ate before coming to the bar".
What am I to do, but move on and drink through it.
Now you might scoff at me, you perched high on your lofty artsy pretentious village with your ridiculous over priced accommodations as the right wing of a left loon cries out in its pain, a rebounding echo throughout the eclectic upper middle pretentious white class reserve of a neighborhood.
Life is trial and error,
doing and having.
I would rather be challenged than placated. Always.
Example: From childhood if you told me "no" I did it because I was told "no" because I wanted to know "no".
I have always had a powerful lure to push a button, flip a switch, or pull a lever that I don't know what the result wil be.
I must see what happens. No matter the cost, I close my eyes, tense up, turn my head and.......
in that I have learned there is no good timing when you are an asshole
I must see what happens. No matter the cost, I close my eyes, tense up, turn my head and.......
in that I have learned there is no good timing when you are an asshole
7 comments:
Why so negative? No, seriously, the second sentence has one of those deplorable double negatives in it...
Then you just barely spelled barley wrong...
I don'e even want to bring up the pretentious run on sentence that has the word pretentious in it twice...
And don't you just hate comments that end in dot, dot, dot...
All of this to say, there are many, many ways to be an asshole...
Save me a seat in hell.
I only am going to answer your truley ( how do you like that spelling?) stupid comments by stating that I like being negative, doubley so. And you fucking can't spell don't.
Also I love pretentious run on sentences. And I could care less if a sentence ends in dot dot dot. However, I you had paid attention you would have noticed that doesn't happen in my post.
Okay, putting the dot, dot, dots reeeaaaaalllll close together here: my remarks were simply meant to be funny, nothing more. Negative as in grammatical double negative. Then a play on the words barely and barley. Also, if you'll notice, my pretentious comment has the word pretentious in it twice too ('cause see, that's funny...) And the dot, dot, dot is because every one of MY remarks ended that way. See? That's funny shit.
The kicker was at the end when I called myself an asshole for pointing all of that out.
Sorry it didn't read that way to you...
Gee, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the handbasket... (Joke). So much for approaching with kindness... (Another joke).
Okay, in an effort to rewind, what I REALLY think of your post is that it has glaring grammatical errors in it... (Yet another joke).
You are right!! It is MUCH less funny when explained...
But seriously, back to your post: That's a great question you pose; why look back, or have hindsight etc when we don't bother to learn from it? Seems looking back is often a tool people use to really stay mired down in a situation. They keep re-living the events in their mind, in an attempt to better understand them (maybe) but all they are really doing is digging their heels into some scenario they can't change anyway. They feed off of their retrospect as if it some sort of great guru of how to do better next time.
I say, let it go and move on. Everything we do in life is a choice. Period. You are responsible for your own choices. Period. If you made a bad choice, own it and move on. One of my favorites (who is not Oprah) but rather Maya Angelou says "you do the best you know how at the time, and when you know better, you do better." Then there's Hemingway who says "...true nobility is being superior to your former self." How can we even attempt that if all we do is give focus to the old slob that messed up all those times?
In an attempt to be superior to my former self, let me say that I think you are one terrific asshole. If there's anything I love, it's a good smart ass. Cheers.
Dear Beloved,
iMight I reccomend you get your own blog and and stay off mine. I mean if you are going to go on like you do.
S.G.
: ) As you were...
-Beloved
:)
Post a Comment