Friday, November 23, 2012

I Wish My Name Was Frank Cause I'd Like To Be




By Scoundrel Ghost

all the time.
Seems honest, efficient.
It's those "feelings"
we have that are so important
that get in the way.

If I said to a bartender, 

"I'm drinking, not in charm school.  Unless your going to feel me up, shut up and pour".
I'd have to watch every drink's perpetration after that. 

No, " I gotcha buddy."
More like 
"I will  get you. asshole. "

Personally, I would like to be directly, honestly and succinctly spoken to.
It's my lack of feelings that gives me the rewards of indifference. 

Humphrey Bogart's character, Rick Blaine in Casablanca summed up indifference best when he said ,
" Everybody has problems, maybe yours will work out."

Here is another time when I said what was on my mind. 

"If you will just touch it, this  will all be over and we can go home,"

Now that didn't go over like I thought it would. 

Followed with, 

"Really? What's the problem ? "

Then,

"One who waits who hesitates will be TOO late. "

Very quickly I found myself explaining to police that this was not my van and it belonged to a friend's mom. But I didn't know his last name. Or hers. 

Oh well. All is well that doesn't end in serving time again. 

Usually, I find my frankness when I've lost my ability articulate. Fortunately, most of what slurs thickly out of my mouth falls into the roaring noise of the bar or the numbed eardrums of those around me. 

But occasionally, it registers. 

That's when I offer that they were mistaken. I'm a gentleman. 
And if they want the cops here, I know them quite well and they will be happy to take us all for cheese sandwiches. 

One again indifference favors the fool.

1 comment:

Querida said...

Amen, Anonymous.