By Scary Halloween
God works in mysterious ways. To me that means he is a perverse deity with a precise, delicious, awe inspiring sense of humor.
I love him for that. I hate him for that.
It's hilarious really how much time and energy we spend fretting, fighting living in fear. Obsessed in the pursuit for wealth, power and junk when we live such short momentary lives. So fleeting, seems like our time would be best spent elsewhere.
But no.
You, me. We actually think we own the physical objects around us that we have painstakingly accumulated.
To what end to what means?
For security, self image?
To fill feeling?
For security, self image?
To fill feeling?
Sentimentality is just that. Clinging to the physical to connect to a feeling a memory is odd to me. Why not just connect. By pass the junk.
Now what I really wanted to discuss is God's ( in our eyes FAVORITE) mistake. Us. Humans.
What a pretentious bunch of assholes. When you look at us, one can only rationally decide we are his Ebola or sitcom.
If not, then God is a drunkard. I can live with that.
Can you?
If not, then God is a drunkard. I can live with that.
Can you?
Regardless, for my sanity, I think it is laughter he is after.
If not, God help himself and us all.
6 comments:
How can we (humans) be God's mistake when he must get so much enjoyment out of watching us scratch around on this planet, endlessly searching for what is actually contained within each one of us? He has a brilliant sense of humor, but I think of him more as a practical joker than say, a stand up comedian.
Laughter IS what he's after, and love and contentment -- all of the things that make the corners of your mouth turn upward. When (if) we ever fully realize that, we'll say "Good one, God!"
On the other hand, if God is a drunkard, then I'll have what he's having...
Amen Querida
I like that ending. Damn you. :)
BTW. We think we our god's favorite. I'm not saying we are. I am saying we are a mistake unless God has a sense of humor.
I agree that we "think" we are God's favorite, but that is only because we don't realize that we and the animals and the grass and the ocean are all one shared consciousness. Somehow we have been given the gift (curse) of reason which makes us see ourselves as separate, more relevant beings. In truth, I think the grass has it all figured out better that we do. It knows it's place within each season and it acts accordingly.
Just curious, what made you decide to go with your real identity on here?
I don't know
Post a Comment