Saturday, April 23, 2016

THE INFINITY TAB



I was just day dreaming about a bar tab that I never have to pay. Sure some would ask the Genie in the bottle for powers, fame and fortune.  I prefer to drink my Genie out of house and home.

I'm not so grandiose in my wants and needs.

Ben Franklin said that beer is how we know God loves us. Well I want unconditional free pouring love.

I would tip of course. I'm not a pagan. I just like the idea of bellying up ordering some liquid gold and saying with confidence, bar keep, put it on the infinity tab.

I'm not going to live past infinity nor do I want to. However, while I'm here I would like a few perks. Nothing fancy. Just simplicity. Who doesn't? Who wouldn't? More importantly, who should?

Now I know there isn't a nirvana plateau. Just periodic moments of bliss. Moments of clarity in between the vices, distractions and suffering through what is clearly heaven. Just look up and around and see all are gifts if you so allow. For me? Beer is the great equalizer, the bridge between the moments, the living from one to the other and back again.

No comments: