Saturday, February 16, 2008

Old Soul or Repeat Offender?

Ever heard someone refer to themselves or someone else as an
Old Soul?
I don’t think that is a good thing. I know what "Old Soul" implies, but I don’t see it that way. Aren’t you supposed to move on? Why can’t they get it right?

Of course if you don’t believe in reincarnation this means nothing.


I think about it sometimes when I’m fucking up.


“Pretty Alice!”
I think to myself,

“Why did you leave traces of DNA behind?
I’ve got to stop biting my nails.
Stupid, stupid, stupid just plain and simple stupidity!”

I know I am either in my first life or I am just a repeat offender. That’s ok; I just wish I could remember something from my past lives. Probably I just pick up where I left off. That is why I keep rolling my contempt and rage over into my next lives.

I find reincarnation comforting. It is like a cosmic do over. Maybe that is why I am a repeat offender. I don’t take it seriously. I know I will just keep getting second chances. Hell, might as well have fun and do what I want to do. I mean the Supreme Being needs to at least count to three or I’m never going to take him or her seriously. I’m a rule breaker. It’s my way.

The Christians’ God has got it right from a disciplinary point of view.
One shot, Heaven or Hell and that is it.
None of this fucking around with souls returning over and over again. It’s like being cosmic sperm. Ovum or no ovum too bad all that effort wasted.

You missed.

Game over.

Its not like you weren’t told.

You knew the rule but you just couldn’t help yourself. All those fantasies of making your own personal zombie slave so you wouldn’t have to lift a finger. You finally had to try it seven or nine times just so you didn’t have to pick up your own soiled underwear. And it didn’t work did it?
You stupid, lazy bastard.

Well I hope you are happy frying in a lake of fire and eternal damnation!

That’s why I am a Buddhist.
I might not remember my past life but I get a present one again and again.

No comments: