Monday, May 18, 2009

Island Living Because I Am Too Smart for Whores and Too Bored by Debutantes

First,
let me apologize for the trite use of metaphors
you are about to encounter should you choose
to continue reading any further.

Steve McQueen could do it, Paul Newman could do it,
the Count of Monte Cristo survived
but actors playing characters and fictional characters
obviously do not suffer the way we do.

So for us living in a box is torture.


Until recently, I lived in a box
built inside a box
built inside another box
and so the fuck on and on.

Don't get me wrong. I built those fucking boxes,
stepped right into the motherfuckers willingly.

However, the material for those boxes
came from my parents, my genetics, my environment
and whatever else I don't fully understand.

I don't blame anyone for the boxes I built.
But we grow up being given building material
of lies
passed from one generation to the next.

We all do it except the rare few
and
I have not met them, have you?

At this point let me give you
a couple of symptoms of box living.

Do you use the word "me" and "why"
a lot in your thoughts or conversations?
Is your concentration and ability
to balance life, family and work difficult?
Are you depressed often or more?
Are you wishing you were somewhere else
instead of where you are at the time?
Do you feel guilt, shame or regret?
Do you go socially to places and do
activities you don't want to do?
Do you want people to do what
you do and think like you do?
Do you socialize with Trolls?
Do you have lottery fantasies?
Do you gossip?
Do you tell small lies and make excuses
to avoid?
Do you worry about what others will think of you?
Do you participate against your beliefs, wants
and/or needs?
Do you wish your life was different?
Do you want revenge?
Do you suffer from bouts of rage and resentment?

Do you want to blow your brains out?

If so,
you should immediately seek yourself and assess.

So after years of box living,
I became miserable, self centered and fearful.
Naturally like any animal after years of captivity
I began the long pacing circle

of

sex, drugs and alcohol all together in no
certain order.

Just


"more now! faster motherfucker!


The walls did not come down
until
I had destroyed myself.

Much like Pretty's guilt
and the
killing of a Goddess of the Universe

destruction can make opportunity for rebirth.

Transformation is possible if you survive
the destruction.


"I did. And I created an island on which I live.
The suffering, the effort, the struggle is worth the investment
when I find each day I am continually amazed."


John Donne said, "No man is an island."
Now of course he was speaking to the fact
that he was involved in mankind.

How? I am not sure.

This I do know, mankind is people living in boxes.
I am not sure how involved we really are as a species
with one another.

I put my personal freedom before all others.
It is my responsibility to society
to be an individual.
I do not stand alone
but separate
and yet with mankind.

I make my conscious choice
to follow or rebel.

Not out of fear or rage respectively.

I serve not as a machine but as
a living organism in the universe.

My island is not that
of isolation
or
of borders
but of
Directions for Me, Myself and I.


"I heard that. Who mumbled, (The Three Stooges?) Maybe so,
but you and all
are invited to my island,
but remember you are a guest and only visiting."

No Trolls will be allowed on shore.

So I offer this unsolicited suggestion,
step out of your box or boxes,
forget why or how
it was built
and write down the directions to your island.

Pretty Alice says her island is magical.
I hear she refitted E. C. Marm's air-boat.

She says it is loaded with jellybeans
and ready to soar.

So watch out you Tick-Tock Men and Women.

The Harlequin Rides Again!

For Abby and Bo.

Be strong, free and make your own
Conscious Choices
and
you each will have an Island of your own.



4 comments:

estabanKY said...

You're late! It's been 49 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes. That's 4,306,800 seconds off your life. You may get turned off.

Never too late for a conscious escape.

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

I have to be found first. Actually I am early for the mayan culture. I live in your past but in many others' future. I'm no Einstein, but time is relative.
Thanks for visiting my Island. You are most welcome here anytime.

estabanKY said...

Just happy to have you in the "present" as that is where I am now.

The past is just that; THE PAST! So that does not concern me nor does it hold me back.

Those boxes you speak of do nothing but compound the past negative "material" for some. But in the true spirit of life, boxes are full of good and bad imagery, feelings and experiences.

I surmise that the negative material is naturally heavy and brings one down physically and emotionally. The positive influences, which I am certain you have some, are lighter and more airy; like helium.

So, confined in your box, bad shit hangs at the bottom, good shit hangs at the top. We are grounded by the gravity of thoughts, memories and emotions so naturally we hang out at the bottom of our box and wallow like pigs in the mud and negativity. Just like flying, it takes an effort to overcome gravity and soar with the eagles. There in lies the problem. For many, it's too difficult in their mind to fly. It's much easier to wallow. It's easy to find others in the same misery and share a big pity party while we smoke a bowl.

When really, all it is is a conscious choice. You've made that. I am sure you can determine the moment when, in your mind, you said enough is enough. That's all it takes to make your way off the ground. Thankfully it did not cost you your life.

Drugs, booze and cavorting only make the shit pile deeper at the bottom of the box. During your circle of drugs, sex and alcohol, were your companions wallowing or soaring? I've not met many people that choose "that" circle "just because". If you're truly free of your box, it's not necessary.

Once you break out of your box, open the lid and get out of the past, the good stuff rises out, with you (like helium) and you carry that forward. The heavy stuff stays at the bottom, like a pile of shit on the ground. Every now and then we see it, the shit on the ground, remember it, but chose to step over it.

Welcome to the present. Come soar with the eagles on your newly remodeled hovercraft and continue to make the choices that keep your spirit unbound.

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

Nice concept of the box. I dont want a small box. Dont want a box at all but you are right good is light and floats and shit is heavy and the stink of it can be difficult to shake. No I did not make conscious choices I followed like water the path of least resistance until the ruts were formed. Box, rut whatever just a pattern of unhealthy repetitive behavior that only through conscious choice can one escape.

Takes effort and severe desire.

We are born alone, live alone and die alone. Alone as the person we are as an individual. What we are is our nature. We might never know our nature, but our journey in this life is to know it.