Friday, July 24, 2009

One Dim Light Bulb Away From Chaos

Shakespeare is my Jesus.
Galileo is my Jesus.
Sophocles is my Jesus.
Peter Gabriel is my Jesus.
Thoreau is my Jesus.
Jesus is my Jesus.

I had a wonderfully real conversation
with a man who is not a repeat offender
he truly is an old soul.

Such a kind man, understanding, compassionate,
funny, intelligent, humble, excellent husband
and involved and devoted to his children.

Pause for a moment. I don't say this
lightly. Because I believe most of us
me, you

are inept in self-actualization;
compassion, peace, love and understanding.

So, when I say this about my friend, it is a fact.

We were laughing about your
carbon foot print
and the end of the world.
Just how vulnerable we are floating
on this tiny dust speck Earth.

In this conversation the age old question arose,

"What happens to you when you die?"
"Do we have souls?"
"Where do they go?"
Basically,
"Are there Heaven and Hell parties in the great beyond?"

We shared our thoughts. Some similar, some not.

When it came down to it we agreed that having
something to believe in beyond the self was the point.

Now I gain comfort from the thought that we are
only energy at the sub-atomic level.

When I die I am none the wiser.

It is not my goal that I have an after life.
It is mine that I use the energy in my body
now, while I think therefore I am,
like a stone that hits the water
rippling positive into the universe.

It is what I leave behind.

"Oops,
I have a lot of work to do
to get back in black."

My ripple effects the people in my life
and strangers I meet on the streets.
It is within the radius of what I can see and hear
as I move throughout my day.

I don't look at my future, I glance back occasionally
with a grin but return to the task at hand.

My soul guards mankind
manically raging against the absurdity
of that which is fear
spreading out ripples
of judgement, hate, anger and violence
into the perfect universe.
Someone made notice that our brain
when angered or frightened
is
no different than that of an
ape, one with a cell phone but
still just as primitive as we ever were.

Well I don't know about you, but my soul,
damn him,
will NOT stand idly by
while the controlling, mind numbing,
fear mongering
apes of propaganda
wreak havoc
with our peace, love and understanding.

The Idiots can fight over
religion, politics and superiority.

Intelligent can fight best
when they oppose bullshit the most.


"Sweet God of all things great and small;
It is the middle that sanity stands."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like "apes of propaganda". This piece holds an optimism that I find refreshing. Abigail

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

Yes Pretty and I both have been transformed. Thank the universal law of rebirth.

Anonymous said...

i remember some great heaven and hell parties on Kentucky Street

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

See there you go. The after life might promise to be one heat party. Whether heaven or hell. I however will not be attending due to a prior engagement. My afterlife will require a vast amount of time lurking in the girls locker room.

Anonymous said...

you know it's never been easy
don't give up

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

Fuck easy. I embrace chaos. I am the ambassador of chaos. I live free pushing the envelope to the brink of mad mad chaos. only the 9o degree angle of your reality can bring change to your sedentary life. You are kind to console me. However, I prefer your encouragement and welcome you to join me. if you are not skilled in the ways of havoc, watch your actions, u might find your own chaos any moment.
If so you know where to find me.