By Scoundrel Ghost
Crucible
1. A severe test, as of patience or belief;
2. A place, time, or situation characterized
by the confluence of
powerful intellectual, social,
economic, or political forces.
I really don't like starting any form of writing with a definition.
It is lame, weak, the feeble attempt of a feeble mind
grasping to make concrete of the intangible.
However, in this case,
if every freakin parent in America
with a child less than 11 years of age
can lower
their standard of parenting,
by using High School Musical as a baby sitter,
why would I fucking hold
to any of my standards, I might have left?
There is really two problems here.
One, the use of the TV as a baby sitter.
(Get a real one, a real sexy one)
Television.
That mind numbing, glass teat,
spewing fear, propaganda, superficial false realities
of the once American dream turned into a series
of ironic tragic comical nightmares
that only could be conceived by
the likes of
David Lynch,
Tim Burton
and
Stanley Kubrick.
Of course this problem as been going on
since the time of corporate sponsors
lawyers and advertising.
Please understand I'm all for
a capitalistic economy.
If it wasn't for the free market,
we would be filling
prescriptions for leeches
at the barber shop/ apothecary
instead of the novel
ground breaking chemical compounds
that we see so nicely portrayed
and explained by actors meant to
look like us in our American fantasy.
I think you know where all this is going.
Nothing new here.
Second thing is this High School Musical Bullshit.
I heard some idiot say,
" High School MUSICAL IS THE NEW GREASE.
There are soooo many things wrong with that statement.
Simple. Grease was not marketed to children.
It was a PG 13 rated movie
with obvious sexual overtones.
At that time video technology
was not junk throw away cheap equipment
found in every home from the top 10%
over to the welfare recipient.
So when Grease
unlike HSMfucking 1, 2 and 3
was
produced, directed, marketed
and released,
it wasn't for the
sole ( or lack of soul)
intention to strategically
precisely aim
with the devious intentions
of
bilking stupid parents out of their money.
Who is more mindless,
the slop maker or the slop eater?
Here piggy piggies come gobble it up!
I don't blame but i fault the Disney Machine.
I helplessly seethe and rage
at the parent or parents
of our
smelly, sticky, nasty over indulged
most valuable resources.
Children.
I don't know where mine are.
But, I like to think, I hope
on some warm saturday morning
they are inside quietly mesmerized,
wrapped comatosely in a
snuggie of indifference
sucking on the boob of
Barney
and those
adorable
gay teletubbies.
No comments:
Post a Comment