Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My First God

As I raised my head up
and looked around at the devastation
I had caused,
near the end of my self-destruction
and at the beginning of my restoration,
reconstruction, whatever
my head was still zooming
and even more so
with the thoughts and comments of
an angry sad man whose
mental obsessive loop played
repeatedly day and night.

First things first.
Choose what is important and what is not.

So, I launched an infinitely large
cardboard box into the even more
infinite universe.

Before I did, I inscribe on the box,

THINGS ON MY DEATHBED THAT DO NOT MATTER.

I know. The box metaphor again?

Sure I love boxes
not for living in
but for storing, sorting or saving.

I have a box in my home marked,


Awesome Inside.

So I began the slow, methodical process
of identifying the
important
and
the
irrelevant uncontrollable useless thoughts.

The recognition was the difficult task,
the discarding was easy.

Slowly over a period months
my mind began to quiet.

There were less thoughts. Calm had arrived
the clamoring was gone.

For the first time in my life I could hear.
It was the beginning of my spiritual path.

A small opening lay ahead of me
from years of misunderstanding,
denying and over-accepting of blame,
guilt and shame.

Now feel free to use my box
at anytime, not as a God
but as place to dump.

A clearing house of priorities and perspective.

It is easy that we gravitate to the negative
at anytime in our lives
and fill our heads with such junk.
In a world where the superficial seems so prominent
and
the existence of
fear, greed and self centeredness is everywhere.

A friend of mine mentioned how
unfair it was that some get a better
start in life than others.

I don't know if fairness has anything to do with it.
I see the universe as perfect, containing
clockwork precision and chaos.

It is the random events where we experience
joy and pain and the possibility of new growth.

It is the clockwork precision we
receive stability, strength and confidence
for understanding of our place here on Al's planet.

It was a long time after that
I developed my directions for living
and my understanding that each day I start over
always vigil and working to maintain balance.

For me, to remain happy and content,
will always require self-awareness and effort.

I am grateful that I discovered my Island
for the directions there keep me on course.

By the way,
should my box filled
with such stuff that shall not
be repeated,
return to Earth
modified from alien technology
just call
Captain Kirk
cause I'm out of here.





No comments: