Monday, November 2, 2009

The Prince by Giacomo Puccini

Posted by Scary Halloween


Nessun dorma, nessun dorma ...
Tu pure, o Principessa,
Nella tua fredda stanza,
Guardi le stelle
Che tremano d'amore
E di speranza.
No one sleeps, no one sleeps...
Even you, o Princess,
In your cold room,
Watch the stars,
That tremble with love
And with hope.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
Il nome mio nessun saprà, no, no,
Sulla tua bocca lo dirò
Quando la luce splenderà,
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
Che ti fa mia.
But my secret is hidden within me;
My name no one shall know, no, no,
On your mouth I will speak it*
When the light shines,
And my kiss will dissolve the silence
That makes you mine.

Il nome suo nessun saprà
E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir.
No one will know his name
And we must, alas, die.

Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
Vanish, o night!
Set**, stars!
At daybreak, I shall conquer!

2 comments:

kendra said...

Hi scary or pretty..doesn't matter I know who you are. That thought makes me smile because it so rare to meet anyone in this area with anything to say. Would you like to add possible donors to my new...brain donation club??? Since such a large number of the population don't use their brains, I feel it is their duty to donate to those who would use them if they had an upgrade. Oh well

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

Kendra...I know who you are. Only where you live and that you eat meat.
Beware brain donations. They might be abby normal.