Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Strange Bedfellows Makes The World Go

Posted by Scary Halloween


I have a new friend.
I like her. She is intelligent,
soft spoken, well read, humorous
and passive.


I on the other hand, am aggressive.


In spiritual terms neither
is 
good
nor 
bad.


They are just approaches to life.
Just part of core personality.


We can utilize our energy in the negative or positive.
We can maximize the strength 
and minimize the weakness

of
our nature.
It is a choice.

A negative approach for a 
passive person and a aggressive person
can be summed up by this statement,

"The meek shall not inherit the earth because they will allow the angry to destroy it." 

She absorbs and I push.
(No sexual connotation implied here, so you should be embarrassed right now.)


She can sit quietly on her screened porch,
clear her mind in a meditative state,
communing with the breeze that claps the leaves of trees together.


Me, my brain is pulsating, vibrating, churning against my skull screaming.
It is against my nature to settle my thoughts. I can only
channel them,
certainly not control them.


A positive approach for a 
passive person and a aggressive person
can be summed up by this statement,

"The balance of calm and action will nurture the earth." 

No comments: