Saturday, February 9, 2008

Con temp toe through the rage with me

It seems my “friend” MANDY thinks my blog is, and I quote


“D…A...R…K.”
What did she think it was going to be, bunnies, gumdrops and pixie dust?

Well let me just quote back to her.

"To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart,
I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
H. Melville’s Captain Ahab

Another person said I write a lot about revenge, murder and hate. So what? Doesn’t everyone contemplate on this subject matter?......Whoops……ok maybe its just me and few other deranged individuals.

But really they are classic themes. These are intertwined acts of contempt and rage. It is not like I am all over the place. Today it is raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens and tomorrow it is death and futility.

My thought process and view of the world is consistent, consistently dark.
Haley Joel Osmond saw dead people, I see assholes. Fucking up to my eye balls with assholes and I am not only a member I am the President.

Maybe I use dark humor to curb the rage inside of me. Maybe my rage and humor are intertwined and I grapple with the demon me. Maybe I just think life is D A R K and that is funny to me. Better to embrace the demon than run away like the French.

I know, all the neighbors will say one day about me,
“Pretty Alice was a quiet person, kept to them self mostly, but nice. We are shocked, Pretty seemed like the perfect neighbor.”

Well it is true that fences and security alarms make good neighbors.


2 comments:

Mandy said...

To be fair, sir, when you asked me if I had expected your musings to be about bunnies and gumdrops I replied, "No, I would never be "friends" with anyone who wrote about bunnies and gumdrops." By the by, I don't even think gumdrops should be allowed. I do love bunnies. Here's to another fantastically D...A...R...K piece- I wouldn't have it any other way. And no offense taken.

Anonymous said...

OK then. With that being said, let slip the dogs of war and once more into the breach of darkness and rage. What a warm blanket, comforting and secretly evil like a mother who tucks you in tightly and then slits your father's throat.