Saturday, May 10, 2008

I’LL HAVE THE CAKE THAT NO ONE ELSE IS HAVING

I don’t mean that lonely dried up fruit cake in the pantry that has been passed from family to family like a bad foster child that is only years away from inmate love.

I mean the sweet moist beautifully delicious cake.

So, after everyone has chosen their slice, corner, rose, middle, small slither or heaping glutton; I have what everyone else is not having, the rest.


Why not?

Everyone had their choice and they should know that coming back for seconds is just a shameful act of over indulgence. So once it is my turn to choose I choose what everyone did not. Usually the prime pieces are gone and I see it as doing a service. Like a vulture picking carrion clean, I dispose of what no one wanted or was not willing to shame themselves for larger.

The sad truth is they know not what they lose. Listen! I am talking about cake.


The let them eat it cake cake.

Have your cake and eat it too cake!

Cake is the ultimate prize! It is not fame and fortune. It is cake. And not the cake you make or buy. I am talking about someone else’s cake. That is the prize. The one they made or bought.

I am that, that takes the cake. For good or bad, life is about being the one or instigating the situation that takes the cake. It is the spoils that go to the victor!

This is no metaphor, allegory or analogy. I am talking about actual cake. And if you don’t understand the importance of what I am saying about cake, then you probably
just take what you are given.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if you just scrape that nice scalloped decoration from around the bottom and eat that?

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

catalyst26888,
Thanks so much for the question and even though I am clearly not Dear Abbey, I'll stat this. How typically tragic of you to take scraps and morsels when you used to be the person that would have the life no one else was living.

Abigail said...

I love the corners because they have so much icing.

Pretty Alice, Scary Halloween, Scoundrel Ghost said...

OMG. I am so glad Pretty Alice is not here to read your comment Abigail. Oh I think she would have issue with your lack of thought. Please reserve your comments for our sake. Pretty is doing so well and it is something like that which will taunt her back.