Monday, March 25, 2013

I Don't Need To Be


By Scary Halloween 

For Sharon, my friend.

I really don't mind leaving this world how I arrived. I don't need to leave my mark, my carbon foot print,a plaque, a street name, a statue, a monument,  a poem, a song, a piece of art, a declaration, a child , especially a law, a rule. I so don't need to exist so that I can lie on my death bed thinking of  what people thought of me or even what I think of me. It is an illusion, a vapor of minuscule time that disappears in the irrelevance of generations.  I respect those who do, but that is a choice. I will not judge their decision  even though they will mine.

It is not fatalistic or indifference, it is art of  choosing to live below expected potential and strive for your own , it is being in the flow of time, a letting go of the material world and expectations, a spiritual path of being one with the universe. 
Sounds like bullshit? Try it see how easy it is to ignore indoctrination of your parents, your school, books, media, your church, your government, corporations and the manufactured consent they instill. It is a mater of  thinking freely or following the golden brick road.  To be involved for involvement, to give just to give, to be just to be with a conscious to approach with kindness first and only or to follow the masses?

This might seem like self justification. It is. That is what is required to remind me of who I am, what I chose against the masses. That I followed my internal inclination of self against the external messages. Everyday I make a conscious choice to follow or rebel, but not from fear but of who I am. 

No comments: